A designated driver provides transportation for an identified individual or family from one point to another (i.e., appointments, visitation) as requested by the referral source.
If the transport involves a child, the worker will take the child to the door to ensure that there is an adult home. The worker will report any significant incidents that occur to the Case Worker.
All workers employed by Family Ties Association are qualified and are carefully screened including Police and Children’s Services Record checks. The vehicles they use are road worthy and safe and carry specific insurance for this type of work. All traffic laws are obeyed for the safety of all those involved.
- Workers will have a cell phone with them at all times and access to any emergency numbers pertinent to the transport.
- If no one is at pick up location when worker arrives to pick up child(ren) worker will wait 15 minutes then will be noted as a no show and transport will be cancelled. Caseworker will be immediately notified of the cancellation.
- If there is not an adult at the scheduled drop off location worker will wait 15 minutes then will be noted as a no show. Worker will transport child(ren) back to pick up location. Caseworker will be immediately notified of the no show.
- All workers employed by Family Ties Association have a professional and legal obligation to report any Child Protection concerns observed by either party involved.
- The Family Preservation Worker is responsible for completing documentation regarding the observations of the interactions and conversations during the transportation and/or pick up.
Back to all Programs
Make a professional referral
If you are a case worker and would like to make a referral to Family Ties Association, please follow this link to securely send referral information to our direct service staff. We will recieve and review your referral promptly.
Can Family Ties help you or your family?
Family Ties offers a variety of services, which you can review on this site. If you feel that you are a good candidate to access our services, please send us a note through this secure form, and we will return your message.
Do important work in your community
From time to time opportunities are available for positions ranging from case-worker to administrative support. If you're interested in working with a great team in a challenging job where you can make a real difference to people in your community, keep an eye open for postings.