September 28, 2018
Who Can Join?
Female Youth between the ages of 14 and 17 that is of status with Children and Family Services. Given the interactive nature of this group, girls attending must be able to participate in group activities and discussions without support staff attending. Before confirming a space in the group all interested individuals must first meet with facilitators for a pre session group introduction and screening. There is a required pre-session meeting between youth and their caregiver that will occur to ensure suitability.
Where is group being held?
The group will take place on Thursday nights starting October 25, 2018, and runs six consecutive weeks ending on November 29, 2018 . You can find us at our Gathering Space located at 911 3rd avenue North Lethbridge, AB.
What can I expect from the group? You can:
· Be part of a safe and comfortable environment where it is okay to talk about our worries and stressors.
· Build a personalized coping box that can be taken home.
· Learn about how our brain can sometimes trick us, but we can take control of this.
· Learn about how we can cope creatively .
· Receive a creative expression journal.
· Have an opportunity to try our different mindfulness activities and get to learn some Yoga
· Experience an Escape Room on the final day to put all our new skills to practice!
Please see the Group Registration and have it completed by the legal guardian and returned to Family Ties Association either by email @ email@example.com; by fax 403.320.8878; or bring it into Family Ties Association office located at #206 909 3rd Avenue North.
Make a professional referral
If you are a case worker and would like to make a referral to Family Ties Association, please follow this link to securely send referral information to our direct service staff. We will recieve and review your referral promptly.
Can Family Ties help you or your family?
Family Ties offers a variety of services, which you can review on this site. If you feel that you are a good candidate to access our services, please send us a note through this secure form, and we will return your message.
Do important work in your community
From time to time opportunities are available for positions ranging from case-worker to administrative support. If you're interested in working with a great time in a challenging job where you can make a real difference to people in your community, keep an eye open for postings.