Job Posting: Back 2 School Support Worker - Hill Spring
Currently we are seeking individuals residing within driving distance to Spring Glen Jr. High in Hill Spring, AB to support identified students in their ongoing education programming. There is opportunity to branch out within the organization into additional positions and programs as well. Primary roles of the successful candidates will be to promote academic and literacy components of the students, assist in supervision of the students by ensuring they attend all scheduled activities and routines, as well as supporting the students in learning life-skills. The successful candidate may provide support to more than one student at a time.
The successful candidates will be responsible to collaborate with the school-based team, the parents, as well as the Family Ties Association team in coordinating supports, resources and promoting growth and development. This individual will have a commitment to attend professional development seminars and individualized support planning development meetings.
The successful candidates will report to a Program Supervisor as well as an on-site supervisor to collaborate on the needs of the students and promote a plan to increase skill building and participation. As an integral member of a multidisciplinary team, you will add your family focused, and strength-based skills towards fostering the healthy development of children and families.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience working with young children in group and individual settings.
- Promote and participate in play-based activities with young children.
- Have experience in supporting challenging behaviors, including emotional regulation and social skill development.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Provide a positive and inclusive attitude towards disability, Indigenous culture, education and teamwork.
- Possess an understanding of supporting language development and knowledge or experience working with non-verbal persons.
- Have knowledge in areas of literacy and numeracy.
Candidates must have:
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license (non-GDL),
- A reliable vehicle to use for work,
- 2 million in personal liability insurance
- 3 years insurance history
- 3 years clean drivers abstract
- A clean Criminal Record Check with vulnerable Sector search & Intervention Record Check.
Preferred candidates will have knowledge and experience working within Indigenous communities and ability to provide support to Blood Tribe Communities.
Current First Aid Certification is considered an asset
Please submit your Resume, Cover Letter, and 3 references to Casey Bellemare at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through our website at Familyties.ca. Applications will be shared with Westwind School Division during the hiring process.
We look forward to hearing from you and thank all applicants for interest shown in the position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reference ID: Hill Spring Back 2 School
Starting Wage $21.63
Make a professional referral
If you are a case worker and would like to make a referral to Family Ties Association, please follow this link to securely send referral information to our direct service staff. We will recieve and review your referral promptly.
Can Family Ties help you or your family?
Family Ties offers a variety of services, which you can review on this site. If you feel that you are a good candidate to access our services, please send us a note through this secure form, and we will return your message.
Do important work in your community
From time to time opportunities are available for positions ranging from case-worker to administrative support. If you're interested in working with a great team in a challenging job where you can make a real difference to people in your community, keep an eye open for postings.