Job Posting: Family Preservation Worker -High River And Foothills Areas Of Southern Alberta
Family Ties Association’s Family Preservation Program and Supported Visitation Program provide planned and tailored interventions and services aimed at strengthening, empowering, and supporting families.
As a Family Preservation Worker, you will work in the home and community of families served to:
• Promote the protection and well-being of children in their home through expedient and flexible interventions;
• Promote the reduction or elimination of behaviors that may place a child or family at risk;
• Promote the strategies to prevent the out-of-home placement of a child;
• Expedite the imminent return of a child and promote reunification of the family;
• Improve family functioning;
• Respond immediately to support the family at the point of crisis; and
• Enhance family and community support networks.
As a Supported Visitation Worker, you will work in the home, community or alternative structured environment to:
• Monitor and support safe and healthy interactions between visiting adults and child(ren);
• Promote parenting skills, attachment, problem-solving, relationship skills, and coping skills.
Completed diploma or degree in a relevant field (i.e. Child and Youth Care, Criminal Justice, Rehabilitation Services, Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, etc.)
Valid driver’s license – must be non-GDL
Must have minimum of 2 million dollar liability on car insurance
Successful candidate is required to submit a recent Criminal Record Check and Intervention Record Check
Please send resumes attention to Vanessa Rogers email@example.com
Resumes will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.
Make a professional referral
If you are a case worker and would like to make a referral to Family Ties Association, please follow this link to securely send referral information to our direct service staff. We will recieve and review your referral promptly.
Can Family Ties help you or your family?
Family Ties offers a variety of services, which you can review on this site. If you feel that you are a good candidate to access our services, please send us a note through this secure form, and we will return your message.
Do important work in your community
From time to time opportunities are available for positions ranging from case-worker to administrative support. If you're interested in working with a great team in a challenging job where you can make a real difference to people in your community, keep an eye open for postings.