Job Posting: Life Support Worker (Residential Addictions Program)
Family Ties Association offers a residential support program that provides housing & support to chronically homeless geriatric and functionally geriatric individuals. These vulnerable individuals require support for their complex mental health, physical health, and addictions needs.
Reporting to the Team Leader, the role of the Life Support Worker (LSW) is to provide guidance and assistance to individuals with complex mental and physical health needs and addictions as they live in a new environment. With a positivist and proactive approach LSW’s assist with activities of daily living as dependent on individual needs and goals.
Some LSW Tasks Could Include:
•Assisting residents with the care and responsibility of the facility and their belongings.
•Teaching and modeling life-skills.
•Social & leisure activities.
• An education in Health, Human or Social Services is preferred, with experience and understanding of addictions / mental health issues.
• Familiarity with and acceptance of Housing First and Harm Reduction philosophies. With the ability to work independently and as part of a team towards creative solutions and strategic decisions.
• Skills in behaviour management and de-escalation. Strong ability to stay calm in stressful situations with strong emotional maturity and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team towards creative solutions and strategic decisions.
• Must be physically fit and able to lift up to 40lbs. Available to work days, evenings, nights and weekends. Positions and rotations vary depending on program needs.
• Current criminal record check, Intervention record check (both within the last six months), valid Alberta driver’s license. Possession of personal and reliable vehicle.
The closing date on this competition is: January 30th 2019
Please quote the competition number: FTALSW-2019-01
All qualified applicants are asked to forward their resume and the names of three references to:
Family Ties Association
#206, 909 – 3 Avenue N. Lethbridge, AB. T1H 0H5
Phone: (403) 320-8888 Fax: (403) 320-8878
We thank all applicants and appreciate the interest shown in the position(s) but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Make a professional referral
If you are a case worker and would like to make a referral to Family Ties Association, please follow this link to securely send referral information to our direct service staff. We will recieve and review your referral promptly.
Can Family Ties help you or your family?
Family Ties offers a variety of services, which you can review on this site. If you feel that you are a good candidate to access our services, please send us a note through this secure form, and we will return your message.
Do important work in your community
From time to time opportunities are available for positions ranging from case-worker to administrative support. If you're interested in working with a great time in a challenging job where you can make a real difference to people in your community, keep an eye open for postings.